Noisy NEW pump

Dec 25, 2009
tarted up my spa for the winter, and it wouldn't start. Had a tech come by and he told it was seized and that I needed a new one. I have a Marquis Spa 435 manufactured in 2009. I forgot to get the model of the defective unit. Anyways, I agreed to get it replaced, he charged me a total of about $800 for parts and labor. The pump installed is the Gecko Aqua-Flo XP2 (http://www.spapartsdepot.com/product/06 ... 0-230.html ). The problem is that this pump is super noisy, creates all kinds of vibration against the pump access door, and you can actually feel the vibration when in the water! It's loud enough that I can actually hear it in my bedroom at night. Never had this problem with the previous pump. I'm having them come out next week to inspect, but if this isn't fixed I'm going to ask for a refund and go with something else. Any ideas?

Many times spa manufacturers will place rubber pads under between the mounting plate for the motor and base of the spa. This cuts down on vibration noises. Maybe they forgot to put the rubber pad back down?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.