Saying goodbye for a few months

minxcal

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2013
South FL
Oh, the day has come. :cry: Our pool water has hit and held at 60 degrees for a few days. Cleaned it all up, vacuumed, and backwashed the filter this morning. Just ran some tests, and I'm sure this is in part due to the 7" of rain we've had since Wednesday (had to drain the pool down twice a day in the pouring rain), but even the TA is finally perfect.

FC - 8.5 (been running the pump/SWG just as much as I was during the hot summer)
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 90
CYA - 60
just for fun - CH - 310

So, according to what I've seen here regarding closing, I should get up to shock levels, which w/ my CYA seems to be 18 - 20 depending on which post you're looking at on here and then we're good to go?

As for the "hardware" - with the SWG, we have regular PVC pipe. Should that all be disconnected and brought inside as well?

Once I have the FC right, my plan is to drain below the skimmer/return, take out the Aqualuminator, plug up the skimmer opening and the return hole, put the cover on, drain the pump/filter, bring the pump in, remove the pressure gauge and the sight glass from the filter. Anything else? The multiport has a winter setting - do I just move to that or remove the spider gasket I've seen so much about?

Any input from other ABG owners with hard plumbing is appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.