Cover cleaning

jcichocki

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2008
Burlington, WI
I have auto-cover over my indoor pool. The cover is on rails and can be safely walked on. I have cleaned the cover with a bucket and rag or mop several times with a dilute bleach solution. Can I use a commercial product and a power washer to do the same job. I was looking at a product made by Zinsser called JOMAX (made for power washing a house), you add 3/4 of that (The ingredients are: O-phenylphenol, sodium salt 0.25% and Inert ingredients 99.75%), 2 cups of bleach and 3 qts. water.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Why won't you use just pure bleach with your pressure washer?
I assume the product you described wasn't designed speifically for pool use.
The phenyl phenol is an organic compound which may react with FC and since you don't know how it may affect your pool, why take the chance?

Water_man said:
Why won't you use just pure bleach with your pressure washer?
I assume the product you described wasn't designed speifically for pool use.
The phenyl phenol is an organic compound which may react with FC and since you don't know how it may affect your pool, why take the chance?

I don't think I'd want to spray bleach like that. It's very difficult to control with a pressure washer, even with the chemical feed nozzle, and then when you hit it with pressure it will fly everywhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.