Update on Troublesome Pool

May 13, 2013
At the beginning of the season, I was having a great deal of trouble with equipment and getting the pool chemistry right.
Following the advice given by other list members, using a proper test kit, following basic guidelines in pool school, and dosing per the very helpful pool calculator "app" I have had great success. With a little patience the floating layer of scum resolved, the CYA levels dropped to manageable levels, and the pH came up to normal levels. With the addition of about 1gallon of 8.5 bleach every week, I keep my FC levels between 4-6; crystal clear water, no algae. So that's less than $3 per week. It is also key to have a properly operating skimmer which greatly reduces the amount of work.
So the reason for this post is primarily to say THANKS, and also to give my endorsement to this system and encouragement to anyone having frustration with their pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.