bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hi

I run my pool for 2 Hrs in the morning and my pool is clean. A pool expert told me today that I should run my pool for a min of 6 Hrs, if not my CSI would go through the roof. My tests are within the limits as using the pool calculator. Is what this expert said true.

FC 7.4
TC 7.2
pH 7.4
TA not tested run out of tablets
CYA 73

I dosed the pool with 0.5 Lts chlorine after the test.
I will be changing my water to bring the CYA down.

bof said:
I run my pool for 2 Hrs in the morning and my pool is clean.
Given that this is working for you, I would stick with it.

There are so many opinions out there on this subject but, at the end of the day, what matters is that your water is clear and your chemicals are within the recommended ranges.

FYI, here is the process I followed in helping me Determine the Pump Run Time. It quickly dispelled the pump run time "urban legends" that I had been previously told and saved me a lot of loot on the electric bill.

Hi jblizzle
I use a scuba 2 from lovibond the water temp was 21 oC and the TA as tested last Tuesday was 100 ppm. What the expert said was that the CSI would esculate if I did not run the pool for 6 hrs. a day. I have been running the pool on a trial bases for just two hours as the pool is not used very much at the moment and will get used even less as the temp. drops.

A key to the CSI is the calcium hardness which you have yet to report.

In any case, the CSI is a function of the chemistry which has NOTHING to do with the pump run time. Sounds to me that the term "expert" is being VERY generous.

In the winter months, it is very likely that only 2 hours is plenty of run time. As the link that was given above shows, you really just need to run your pool long enough for it to stay clean enough looking to you ... assuming you keep the chemistry managed.

Thanks everybody I hade read the run time blog and used that as my base line. It is just that when a pool expert tells you something I like to check it out, but yes you all were right again and the expert was a generous title.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.