Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100 Test Results- Opinions?

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100 Test Results- Opinions?

Hi All,
    I haven't had much trouble with my pool but I test it on a daily basis and brush daily. The water is a bit cloudy, but we've been using it quite lot lately and I just wanted to get your opinions on my numbers. Also our eyes are burning just a bit, when we get out, but we've been in the water for about 6-7 hours so that may be normal so here are the specs.

Pool Temp 80 Degrees
    FC-6.5
    CC-0
    P/H 7.6
    T/A 110
    CYA 50

I have a cartridge filter that has been cleaned on a monthly basis.
    I just added MA, 22oz yesterday and 22oz today trying to get my P/H down which I know it is a little high.
    I just added 96oz of Bleach yesterday because my FC went down to 3 and I needed to bring it up.
    Also one last question, on testing my TA do stop adding the agent once the solution turns cloudy but clear, in other words no more green or when it turns real clear? Here is the scenario, I add the re-agent one drop at a time, when it hits 10 drops the solution turns clear, but if I add one more drop it turns real clear. So right now there is a discrepency as to whether my T/A is 100 or 110.
    Some other info- I am on the BBB method, although I have the Tri-Chlor but switched over after reading all the info on this site. I run my fountain and spa spillover daily for aeration and between me and the kidsmaking sure more pool water is out of the pool instaed of in it is how I control my CYA LOL!
    Thanks for the help and advice!
    17.5K IG Pool with Spa spillover and fountain, Plaster Finish, Purex Triton CC420 Cartridge Filter, Pentair Intelliflo XF VS motor, Laars LX GasHeater, Polaris 360

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: TF-100 Test Results- Opinions?

Plankton,

Tell me the sequence and time differences from your test results and when you added the chemistry. That'll make a little difference in my (and others) comments.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Doing a TA test with the TF-100 test kit, you add one drop at a time (stirring after each drop) until it turns red.

It will turn clear just before it goes red. It will turn a pinkish color just before red. I always add one more drop when I think it's done just to make sure the color change is complete.
    Skinman

16 x 32 Doughboy AGP
    Doughboy 17" AquaView sand filter
    1 HP, 2 Spd. pump
    (4) 2 x 20 Sunheater Solar Heat
    Solar cover w/reel
    TF 100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Also the precision of the test is +/- 10 ppm so a reading of 100 ppm and 110 ppm are for all practical purposes the same! Remember, it's a pool, not a chemistry experiement! Call you TA 100 and be done with it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Waterbear, I didn't know it was +/-10 ppm. I still have to add drops and stir for the color changes.

It impresses my kids
    Skinman

16 x 32 Doughboy AGP
    Doughboy 17" AquaView sand filter
    1 HP, 2 Spd. pump
    (4) 2 x 20 Sunheater Solar Heat
    Solar cover w/reel
    TF 100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks All! I'll keep the chemistry thing in mind, which is a good thing since I really wasn't so good with it in H.S. about 20 or so years ago! LOL.
    Dave,
    I'm not sure what you are asking by time & sequence but here goes,
    All chemicals amounts added based off of Pool Calculator
    Time around 1500- 6/17
    Temp 75
    FC-3
    PH-7.6
    TA-100
    CYA-50
    Added 13oz MA
    109oz FC(Bleach)

6/18 Time 1500 Temp 78
    FC- 3.5
    PH-7.6
    TA-100
    Added 109oz bleach

6/19- out of town

6/20 Time 1000 Temp 80
    FC-3
    CC-0
    PH-7.8
    TA-100
    Added 196oz bleach

6/20 2200 Temp 80
    FC 6.5
    CC-0
    PH-7.6
    TA-100
    Cleaned Filter

6/21 1000 Temp 80
    FC 6.5
    CC-0
    PH 7.6
    TA-100
    Added 220z MA

Hope this helps. Thanks
    17.5K IG Pool with Spa spillover and fountain, Plaster Finish, Purex Triton CC420 Cartridge Filter, Pentair Intelliflo XF VS motor, Laars LX GasHeater, Polaris 360