TF-100 Test Results- Opinions?

Plankton

Apr 13, 2008
Hi All,
I haven't had much trouble with my pool but I test it on a daily basis and brush daily. The water is a bit cloudy, but we've been using it quite lot lately and I just wanted to get your opinions on my numbers. Also our eyes are burning just a bit, when we get out, but we've been in the water for about 6-7 hours so that may be normal so here are the specs.

Pool Temp 80 Degrees
FC-6.5
CC-0
P/H 7.6
T/A 110
CYA 50

I have a cartridge filter that has been cleaned on a monthly basis.
I just added MA, 22oz yesterday and 22oz today trying to get my P/H down which I know it is a little high.
I just added 96oz of Bleach yesterday because my FC went down to 3 and I needed to bring it up.
Also one last question, on testing my TA do stop adding the agent once the solution turns cloudy but clear, in other words no more green or when it turns real clear? Here is the scenario, I add the re-agent one drop at a time, when it hits 10 drops the solution turns clear, but if I add one more drop it turns real clear. So right now there is a discrepency as to whether my T/A is 100 or 110.
Some other info- I am on the BBB method, although I have the Tri-Chlor but switched over after reading all the info on this site. I run my fountain and spa spillover daily for aeration and between me and the kidsmaking sure more pool water is out of the pool instaed of in it is how I control my CYA LOL!
Thanks for the help and advice!

Doing a TA test with the TF-100 test kit, you add one drop at a time (stirring after each drop) until it turns red.

It will turn clear just before it goes red. It will turn a pinkish color just before red. I always add one more drop when I think it's done just to make sure the color change is complete.

Also the precision of the test is +/- 10 ppm so a reading of 100 ppm and 110 ppm are for all practical purposes the same! Remember, it's a pool, not a chemistry experiement! Call you TA 100 and be done with it.

Thanks All! I'll keep the chemistry thing in mind, which is a good thing since I really wasn't so good with it in H.S. about 20 or so years ago! LOL.
Dave,
I'm not sure what you are asking by time & sequence but here goes,
All chemicals amounts added based off of Pool Calculator
Time around 1500- 6/17
Temp 75
FC-3
PH-7.6
TA-100
CYA-50
Added 13oz MA
109oz FC(Bleach)

6/18 Time 1500 Temp 78
FC- 3.5
PH-7.6
TA-100
Added 109oz bleach

6/19- out of town

6/20 Time 1000 Temp 80
FC-3
CC-0
PH-7.8
TA-100
Added 196oz bleach

6/20 2200 Temp 80
FC 6.5
CC-0
PH-7.6
TA-100
Cleaned Filter

6/21 1000 Temp 80
FC 6.5
CC-0
PH 7.6
TA-100
Added 220z MA

Hope this helps. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.