Compupool CPX-48 Series Replacement for CPSC 48

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello All,
My 3rd unit CPSC-48 has died. 3 units in 30 months approximately. Power supply issues.
Compupool is replacing the CPSC series with the CPX series. New design of powersupply and cell. It will be $400 for the replacement unit with cell and 2 years of coverage.
I'll be taking the plunge. They don't have any in stock currently, but are expected in next week 10/16 or so.
I'll write a review when it comes in.
In the meantime do you have a CPX series? Are you happy with it?
CPX+pg+1.jpg

CPX+pg+2.jpg

http://www.inyopools.com/manuals/1673/c ... hure-1.pdf

Is your pool still open? Closed mine down 3 weeks ago when the power supply went. I liked the fact I could see the gas being generated in the old one. Don't know if it will be visible in the new one. If yours is still open let us know when you hook it up.

I'm fed up with them, my unit went out in June after a year and a half. The wires started melting, and I needed a cell and a wire. A few weeks ago he told me it had shipped the day before or shipping that day. I called yesterday, and he said still no stock, and no timeframe when it was coming in.

If they will update you to the new unit, I would NOT pay for it. At this point, I don't know if I'll get anything before next season. If I don't have anything by March, I'll be buying something different.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I may wait till may to get my replacement. I when it in did a manual recalibration. I changed the numbers to opposite of what they posted. I know it's done a recal on itself. It's working. It shut down once or twice (popped the yellow breaker). Turned it back on and it's working.
Only time will tell.

Well I fought tooth and nail and finally I got my replacement cpx 48. It took this company 6 months to get the unit to me, thank God I don't have my pool open. Anyhow, the new unit has a 3rd port for easier mounting, no more wires connected to the back to cause melting, and instead of hard wiring the cell to the control unit, there is a fancy plug that has about 8 prongs. The blue cover over the cell looks to be much thicker then the cpsc48 and the cell itself has what looks to be a plastic cover over the titanium plates (like a Zodiac model). All in all it looks really nice, I'm thinking that with their lawsuit and all the problems with the last cpsc units they should have gone above and beyond with the engineering of this unit.

They called in December, I wasn't ready to take the order, just reordered. Awaiting a shipment to come in. Tim doesn't work there any more but I've been talking with Jason Thompson, and he's been really helpful. Good new is the replacement my get paid for from Visa. Just got over an algae bloom. Caught it early. SLAM - 10 gal of chlorine 4 days all is well.

I'm getting a CPX-36 vice the CPX-48. It was a compromise I needed to make to get the new unit installed sooner. (Supply issue on the CPX-48 cells.) Visa will be picking up the cost, and they'll double the warranty. The new units (CPX) come with a flat 2 year warranty (covers cell/powersupply.) I'll start a new post covering the install and such. I hope it will be useful to others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.