pump @15 psi

Aug 4, 2013
Covina,CA.
i cleaned my pump out and replaced 2 grids in my filter system about 2 1/2 months ago. i noticed about 1 week ago my psi has been rising from 9 psi to 15 psi i dont think that is normal. i have been mainting all chemicals as needed. there is no d.e. coming out the jets so no other grids are damaged. how often do the grids need to be cleaned?

Sounds like the filter is working and catching the algae. It will clog quickly with the live algae.

Since you see algae, you need to SLAM the pool. [slam:32wvw16v][/slam:32wvw16v].

And clean the filter when the pressure rises 25% over the clean pressure ... Sounds like that would be before 12psi.

tvalenzuela said:
there has been some algae along side
:idea: BINGO...your filter is apparently working properly and filtering out dead algae. Follow the advice above.

We recommend backwashing when the filter pressure goes up 25% from the "clean" filter pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.