Is FC level of 4 high enough to make through winter?

Jun 14, 2013
Hi all,

I closed my pool or at least have started to. I slammed pool, than added polyquat a few days later. I didn't realize it would take me so long to drain out the water to below the returns, so as a result, the pool stayed uncovered a few days longer(sunny days) than planned. When I finally put cover on, my FC was 4(cya 30, ph 7.6). Is this ok?

thanks!

It depends on the temp. of your water. Algae can grow if the water is at 60 or above.

In order to get good feed back it would help to tell everyone what part of the country you live in.

I don't completely close my pool until the water temp is at 50. The cover is on now. And I still keep an eye on it as far as the bleach/ chlorine. Open early/ close late.

Janelle said:
I live in Michigan and the water temp was 62 when I closed. The leaves were already falling so I had to cover.

Your fine, I closed one year and my water was a little warmer than that and I just opened in the spring after the pollen quit blowing and it only took 24 hrs for my pool to clear.

It just depends on how much organic material gets in the pool between now and when you open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.