Thoughts on North Dallas pool before we sign

G

We're about to sign but I wanted some opinions

40ft x 20ft, perimeter 110
Surface area 657 + spa
5 pool returns, auto fill, dual main drains, 2 skimmers
Jandy never lube 2" x 2 1/2" three way valves
Steel and Gunite Structure minimums - Belly and Wall #3, 10" OC with Alternate #3, 5" OC Belly Steel, 4 Box Beam, #4 4" OC. Gunite 12" Beam with 8"-10" wall and belly

Spa Perimeter 30ft
12" raised
6 jets, 2.5" suction line
SPA Seat curved and contoured
Dual Drains
Natural Gas line for heater

1 500 watt pool light
1 60 watt spa light
4 by 160 SVRS Intelliflo filter pump 2 " suction line
400 BTU Heater NG low Nox
3/4 hp Legend pump with Legend pool cleaner
2.0 hp polaris qt air blower
pentair filtration
filter clean and clear + cartridge 520
Pentair sun touch
ln line chlorinator

water line tile = 6" tile
Coping - Oklahoma

PebbleTec pool finish

SPA Fountain
SPA 12” Elevated with Spill Over
Stone Veneer SPA Wall and Dam
Elevated Bar and 3 in pool bar stools / Bar Stools Capped with 1” Tiles
Cap Tanning Ledge, Stools, Steps with
Oklahoma Flagstone
10x10 Dry Bed Flagstone Seating area back of
pool.
Remove and Re-Install Fence Panels
Recycle and Dump Fees
Cleanup and Grade
Gross Grade Finished off with Landscape Mix

Deck -Travertine / Light Ivory Tumbled French Pattern
Approximately: 835 sqft
Broom Finished Concrete base 3000 PSI Base
#3 Steel 12” OC
All Edges 6” Turn Down
Leave Existing Patio / Demo Extension
Cap Existing Patio and New Concrete with
Travertine Paver

It's a smaller company out of Plano. I can PM it to you. We talked to Hobert and Riverbend. Ended up with this company because we liked them more. They were more willing to work with us on the decking and smaller accessories.

I'd suggest an extra light. One light for a 40x20 pool will light it but not vibrantly and not the entire thing at the same level. Is there not a light in the spa at all?

Some contracts will indicate information on reinstalling the fence and irrigation. It doesn't clearly show that here but you might want to make sure its specifically written in. Auto-filling in DFW isn't technically allowed any longer but most builders still do it. I was very specific about wanting this and my builder was very accommodating until he dug a trench to the hose bib. When I asked, he said it was to meet code but then when I reaffirmed the auto-fill they said they'd be happy to include it for $250. Even odder for us was that repairs to the entire irrigation were supposed to be done by them. However, oddly enough, it didn't include the damages to the irrigation for my neighbor's system that their tractors broke.

Ultimately, the line to the hose bib was removed and they added the auto-fill free of charge but you need to remember to get everything in writing. We almost missed out on volleyball sleeves on our pool because they told us it was included on all pools. That wasn't fully true either. You might also ask... if you provide steel posts, will they re-install the fence with steel vs the wooden posts (if you have the wood posts on the fence).

I don't see your diagram but be sure it accurately shows the location for umbrella sleeves, etc. I'm curious who your builder is also.

Welcome to TFP!
A few quick comments:
- your inline chlorinator will be for pucks, right? Those work well for certain things but are not the answer for long term pool care...if you read this article in pool school, it'll help you understand why!
- I don't know if you've thought about a salt system in the future, but the Oklahoma flagstone seems to just disintegrate when exposed to salty water. If salt is not a consideration, it won't be an issue.

Thanks for feedback. Yes I believe the inline chlorinator is for pucks only. This will not be a salt water. I don't have a revised diagram of the pool. I'll post it as soon as I get it back.

In addition to what has been said already I would also avoid the SVRS Intelliflo, and look at just a VS Intelliflo, or even a much cheaper 2 speed pump. If you search the forum you will find numerous reports of the SVRS system having false tripping problems. There has been at least one report that Pentair has been surprised by fact people are even selling them into non-mandated private pool.

Ike

p.s. I assume that is a typo on 400 BTU heater and should be 400K BTU

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keven said:
I would stay away from the Intetillflo svrs pump.. All that pumps is going to do for you is cause you big headaches and after warranty is up high repair bills.

Many of the cities in the north Texas area require by code an SVRS pump which I suspect is why the original poster has it in the plan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.