How to blow out Paramount In Floor Cleaner and when?

Apr 22, 2013
My inground concrete pool has the in floor cleaning system from Paramount, which has a dome just above ground with one incoming chamber and 6 outgoing chambers, 1 for the side returns, and the other 5 for the 5 sets of pop ups on the floor of the pool.

Most sites/forums/videos do a good job of showing how to take a compressor and put it in my Pentair pump from the drain plug and blow out the lines, but with this extra piece of equipment, I need guidance on what to do 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, where its in between everything.

Initially, I plugged the incoming pipe into my pump from the skimmers, to blow out all the outgoing water lines with my compressor and blew out each of the 3 returns and I plugged them. I expected that with the rotating module inside the dome of the Paramount, it would then rotate around the pop ups, but it didn't seem to. Paramount suggests using a winterizing plug they make with a tire type valve in it and blowing the pop ups out right from there, but I don't have one of those. Tried a 5 hp shop vac, but the hose is too narrow, so it didn't create a seal and wasn't effective.

I removed the rotating module and perhaps that's the problem, because without that, the outgoing chambers aren't opening, so i'm going to reinstall that and see what happens. Any suggestions here on "how" to blow those chambers out and if I should have done those first would be appreciated.

2nd question is whether I should be blowing out skimmers, from the pump back to the skimmers or from the skimmers to the pump. I can block the outgoing flow by plugging my Nature2 sanitizer chamber if that will force air back to the skimmers, but I don't have any control for skimmers vs main drain, so i guess I have to hope that enough pressure will reach the skimmers.

3rd and last question is for the Boston, MA area, how far down to bring the water line. With all the snow from last winter melting, I'm surprised the pool didn't over flow. I just bought the house last winter, so I'm not aware of how far down the previous owner took the water, but when I opened the pool it was right in the middle of the 3 rows of ceramic tiles, at the perfect level, which was quite a surprise.

Thanks to all posters for reading and suggestions.

Follow up:

It just seems like with the 6 gallon compressor, there isn't enough pressure to get the Paramount module to spin around and blow out the zones one at a time, so I have to bring the air right to the dome.

that's where I'm at now. cover off, gear module stored, now improvising on compressor hose with 2" opening. I guess this is why they sell a schrader plug with the tire style valve. any ideas other than that for back pressure?

Hi aspinfo. I believe you are on the right track. According to the folks at Paramount, you need to open the dome, remove and store the mechanism (water valve), and blow the lines out from there. They have a 'how to' document on their site www.1paramount.com on the FAQ page (although, I think there could be a little more detail added to those instructions). I don't know about the floor jets as our PB didn't install any, but if you have the debris canister as part of the bottom drain system (ie MDX R3), those instructions discussed winterizing that too. Also, according to Paramount, the part number for those rubber plugs, assuming you are plumbed with 2" pipes, is 004-302-1670-00. Good luck. Let us know how you made out!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.