Intex Skimmer Problem

May 20, 2008
Hi,
I have an 18x42 easy set with the surface skimmer. When I set up the skimmer, everything appears fine. When I turn on the pump it pulls the water out of the cylinder faster than it flows in the top. This caused the cylinder to float up, after a half minute it's empty, sucks air and it's all over.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

I have two answers, hopefully one will help. Perhaps you need to raise the water level? Low water level can cause that effect. Second, try putting a tennis ball in the skimmer. It should float above the skimmer drain hole and help prevent air from going in.

First, make sure the adjustable clamp is nice and tight on the inflatable ring. Second, there is a nut to adjust the height of the cylinder up and down on the support. You can run it several inches below the water without a problem, because the blue sleeve in the center will float up to whatever the water level is.

The key really is to have the thing tight on the inflatable ring. You might need to pump some more air in it so its firmer before you tighten the skimmer clamp down.

nationaldiscountpoolsupplies_2006_594336456

Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.