Hayward Ecostar Tripping Circuit Breaker

May 30, 2013
Round Rock, TX
I have an Hayward Ecostar Pump. It is a little over 2 years old with no issues.

Model# 3200DR
Serial#3V1119-100070

The breaker tripped that runs to the motor a few days ago. The breaker is in the Hayward PL-PS-4 Box.

I followed the test in the manual for a tripped breaker and it appears that it the electronic board in the motor that is bad and not the motor itself. The light next to the Red, Blue, Black wires on the circuit board has black burnt look to it.

Is there a replacement PCB board for the motor or does Hayward have to diagnose and repair?

Or any other suggestions on how to get this fixed for as little $$$ are possible.

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to buy that pump with any other Hayward equipment? If you buy 3 pieces, you get a 3 year warranty.

If you are on your own, you can order the parts but they are not cheap. That pump came up as a commercial pump in my search and the digital interface was $315 and the motor drive was $1022. http://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-84525- ... eries.aspx
I think you need to make sure you are getting what you need. I bought my entire Pentair VS pump for $850.

Definitely a great place to live and raise a family. My boys' HS is undefeated and ranked 10th in state this year after moving up to a 5A school last year. We like our football.

Talked to our builder and we should be covered under the 3 year warranty. The Hayward rep is booked until next Thursday. So, no hot tub for us for a week or so....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.