Closing - chemical sequence question

ian81

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2012
Jenison, MI
Pool Size
Hey all, about to get things in order to close my pool but I've kind of slacked on it in the past few weeks as it has been to cold to swim.

FC 1.5
Cc .5
Tc 2
Ph 8+
Ta 70
Ch 170
Cya 60

Obviously my chemicals are off! Any suggestions on wether to add soda first and then handle the ph after? Or should I lower ph some now, add soda and then lower ph again?
I know my chlorine is low but everything's still crystal clear!

Also is this the blue I'm looking for CH?
y8ava4yb.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

I would get your ph down to 7.2-7.4, then see how low your TA is. Are you closing the pool now? If TA is above 60 ppm at that point, I would probably leave it for the winter.

That is more or less the color change you are looking for, you add drops until that color does not change anymore, then subtract the last drop. It is hard to tell, but to me it looks you are a little towards purple there, so the next time you do the test you could try the "fading endpoint" suggestion in the extended test kit directions. With that said,

Thanks so much, I forgot to reply but It was indeed purple, I tried the other method and confirmed I was a little lower then i wanted! Pool is balanced and I'm in the process of closing as you may know by my thread about the bubbles :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.