Calcium Hardness Changed alot in 2 weeks

richardmb01

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 8, 2013
Hello,

My calcium hardness was 140 about 4 weeks ago assuming I performed the test correctly. I have added a few inches of water from my hose since then. We have a well with a water softener. I dis not bypass the softener because I was worried that the straight well water for have metals or something else that would be undesirable.

My current calcium hardness is now 40.

Could this have changed that quickly?

Complete test results

FC 4.5
CC .5
TC 5
PH 7.6
TA 80
CH 40
CYA 60

I just did the test again 3 times and all were 40. I ran the test the first time 3 times also and it was 140. I am confused of what I could of been doing wrong. With a swg and vinyl liner pool should I adjust this up any or just leave it. Thanks for the help.

I wouldn't worry about a CH of 40 in a vinyl pool (with the caveat that if you have fiberglass steps, as we have had one report of blistering that may or may not have been caused by low calcium and also a very few reports of metal staining exacerbated on steps due to having low CH, though those should be easily removed by local application of vitC if it does occur).

I am not coming up with a theory as to why your CH changed. Has cya changed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.