CHEAP Taylor tests - Leslie's

New2Me said:
For anyone that ordered one of these kits, I strongly urge you to check the DPD reagents, per Taylor-
R-0002 DPD Reagent #2
This solution should be colorless to be effective. As it reacts with oxidizers, the color will vary, ranging from colorless to pink then darkening to a final brown color.

Aha, I remember that the stuff in my #2 bottle had a pinkish tinge to it. Never did a DPD test before, so I didn't know any better.

In other news, I was cleaning out the cab of my pickup truck yesterday and found an unopened bottle of OTO that the previous owners of my spa gave me when I picked it up from their yard. That was 4 years ago, and that thing has been sitting in the cab of my truck in heat waves over 100F, down in the 30's, etc.

Just for laughs, I compared its results with my Taylor OTO and they agreed.

So you can add "reagent is resistant to spoilage" to the advantage column for OTO. Also, I experienced what I think is a reaction to MPS with my DPD test today. Starting to think that for a bromine spa, the Leslie's OTO Deluxe, or whatever Taylor calls it, is a happening kit. I guess the HTH 6-way would be the one to beat, with a CH test included.

Rockcrawler said:
I went to Leslies today, with my 2 spanish test kits and a bottle of pool water in hand, after numerous testing with the spanish regents and the regents at Leslies, they gave me new CL regents for both kits at no charge, :goodjob: (not including my time or gas)

Oh yeah, I did get the question, "did you order these spanish kits on purspose"

Si.

So how were your levels once you could accurately test them?

I called Taylor( 800-TEST-KIT, that's 800-837-8548) and read them the batch numbers, mine are:
R-0001: 2106B
R-0002: 2106E
R-0003: 2096B
R-0007: 2106B
R-0008: 2106B
R-0009: 2066A
R-0014: 2066D
R-0015: 2066B
They said that ALL of them should be replaced! Thankfully, when I called Leslie's they happily offered to send me a FREE English kit that should have "FRESHER" reagents.
I also checked :
R-0013: 2110B
R-0870: 2130D
R-0871: 2060B
That were all said to be OK. Taylor said that their batch numbers are "propiatary information" and they would not divulge how to decode them. If I had any reagents with a 6 as the last number, I'd be leery, I suggest that anyone with ANY questions, CALL and check the numbers! Budweiser is more concerned about me getting a fresh beer (with their Born on dating) than Taylor is about the sanitation, and SAFETY of my water! :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.