Closing draining questions

Dolomite

Silver Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Question folks. I bought a house/pool last October and I'm using the guy who serviced the pool for the previous owners because I'm not that comfortable with the closing process just yet. I just exchanged emails with him and mentioned I would have the pool drained below the return line when they got there. He said it wasn't necessary because they are going to plug the skimmer and return line simultaneously to blowing out the lines. Last year we did drain the pool below the return, but he said it was because he didn't have any help and that's why we had to drain it because he couldn't plug at the same time. Does that sound right? From what I'd heard and read here I thought I had to drain below the return. Or is that not correct under this circumsatnce? Thanks for any insight.

I don't lower below the return, but I do lower below the skimmer and keep an eye on it.

If in rains too much and starts to get close to the skimmer mouth I will siphon the water level down a bit.

The returns won't crack during a freeze but the skimmer can if the anti freeze gets washed out of the skimmer pot or your gizmo ect. doesn't work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.