Equipment replacement question

Oct 3, 2013
About two years ago I replaced my pump with a Jandy stealth e pump variable speed. Now I would like to replace my old heyward power center and controls. I want to go with Jandy. I'm looking at the power center and board for a salt pool and hot tub. I like the aqua link and the idea of being able to use my phone or computer for my pool. I see where there is a new salt cell called the f-soft 1400 fusion. Does anyone know anything about this cell. It looks a bit more complicated than the others and I would like to get years of use out of it. Any tips or info would be great. THANKS.

While I am not familiar with that SWG specifically, I have a Jandy VSP and run a Jandy Aquapure EI SWG system and have a Jandy Z4 automation system with the optional iAquaLink controls through my phone. Problem is for me that the Z4 system does not communicate with my SWG system or ANY SWG for that matter so for me I have to manually turn off the SWG at the equipment pad when I turn the spa on and turn the SWG back on right before I turn the spa off (to switch from spa to pool). For Jandy you would need to step up to the more expensive RS automation system to be able to communicate with a Jandy PLC type SWG. Not sure if the RS system can communicate with the Aquapure EI system but I plan to look into this for future upgrade possibility.

As far as a RS system being able to control your fusion sanitizer (wait, I believe the "fusion" is the nature2 system that people here do not think too highly of) I am not really sure about if the RS automation system communicates with that system. But others will tell you that you're better off going with either liquid chlorine or a SWG than the Nature2 system to avoid introducing metals into your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.