How often do you have leaks?

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
I was just wondering on average how often do you have a leak in your pool plumbing that requires some type of repair not counting freeze related events? I ask because I have experienced several unexpected events this year (2 random major pipe failures, 2 unions that started leaking that were fixed by tightening, and one valve that started leaking from the stem), most recently a hose bib connection that cracked, and partly sheered off at the neck, getting everything floor to ceiling wet in the pump room.

Ike

p.s. the connection that recently failed was a nylon hose bib, so not a corrosion issue, have have been vibration induced fatigue though, or thermal expansion cycles.

Interesting question. I have never had a leak in the plumbing of my pool in nine years. That said, my set-up is pretty basic and I have done a few mods to it over time but not much.

Happens quite often up north, when people dont winterize properly or experience a lot of issues with Above Ground pools using covers, up here, we just dont freeze, AGP experience Icebergs, yep, totally frozen. A cover on the top can pull the sides inward or cause heat to melt on one side, iceberg shifts and wham, that one side is pulled as the iceberg is frozen to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.