Autelis & Jandy - anyone with real world experience?

Sep 12, 2013
Simi Valley, CA
Hi, I'm putting together an automation system for a pool I'm about to build & Aurelius caught my eye. Does anyone have any real world experience with the device? How well does it work w/ Aqualink? Anyone w/ experience connecting it with micasaverde Vera?

Thanks!

Yeah, I looked at that but I'm not a fan of the implementation. It requires interacting w/ your system via their servers and it does not have any Integration points w/ home automation controllers. The Autelis module has a local web server, enabling direct control. It also supports macros & notifications, and exposes Integration api for use w/ MCV/ICY controllers or custom applications...

So did a little more research and it doesn't appear that autelis is aware of aqualink macros. Meaning that I can't just say 'spa mode' and have that do all the magic on the pcb... I could certainly achieve that in the automation controller but it seems that it maybe better to have macros run on the aqualink board...

Does anyone know if this is in fact the case?

I would suggest posting a query on the Autelis Jandy forum. They are quite responsive and should get back to you reasonably quickly. I don't have Jandy stuff, but have the Autelis controller for my Pentair EasyTouch 8 system. I've had it hooked up for 2 years now and it is rock solid. I was a bit concerned as they had quite a delay getting stock available recently, but they have a new hardware design and it is now available. Looks like they had to switch hardware suppliers and wait for the slow boat from Asia.

http://www.autelis.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.