Winterizing Intex Saltwater Pool

vicsin

Sep 17, 2013
We live in San Diego, CA. Mild weather little rain. Going to leave our Intex Pool, with Saltron Chlorine generator up for the winter. Any suggestions for what should be done? Should I just keep checking water chemistry and adjust through the winter or is there something else, easier, less expensive to do. Thank you.

Will you be covering the pool ? Will your water temp get below 60 ?
Take a look at this pool-school/winterizing%20and%20closing%20your%20above%20group%20pool

If you cover the pool you'll lose very little FC due to the lack of sun and cooler water temps. If your water temp gets below 60 and stays below 60 you can cover it up and turn your SWG off and bring your FC up to shock level. Your FC levels will hold for quite awhile at shock level. You could also cover it up, turn SWG off and maintain FC levels with bleach. Once again with the pool covered you'll lose a lot less FC.

Thank you. It is well covered. Are you saying turn off the SWG. What product can I use to bring it to shock level. Sorry I'm a complete neophyte. Water may dip below 60. Nights are usually 55-65 degrees.

We put in a closing chemical kit from any pool store. Run the filter for 24 hours and throw the scum bug and bromine floater in. Drain below the return hole and disconnect valves. Pool pillows and cover. Before putting the filter/swg away each fall I soak the copper bars to remove any debris and its ready to go for next year!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.