Stamped concrete

Certainly among the more slippery of options from what I read and our experience. But ours was sealed with a sealant that had no grit in it.

There are different options. There are stamped concretes (done at the time of laying the concrete) and stamped overlays (applied after the concrete pad at a separate time).

I have the latter. It is a little slick in places but is not as slippery as stamped concrete which I found very slick.

I dislike our simple brushed concrete and wonder what options exist for making it more comfortable on my feet as well as dress it up a bit. Brushed concrete surely isn't slippery, darn it!
I wish our PB would have done more to "sell" us on stamping or other options during construction. I wouldn't have minded paying more for something nicer if I'd understood it better at the time. :hammer:

We really liked the look you can achieve with stamped concrete. A friend who has it around his pool mentioned it being a little slippery. With our grandkids in mind, that is why we decided to go with spray deck in a sandstone (tan) color. Plus, it was a reasonably priced option. We are happy with it and while some see it as a dated look, we like it...not slippery and a little cooler in the hot Texas sun. We have friends and family with spray decking and they were happy with it.

YippeeSkippy said:
I dislike our simple brushed concrete and wonder what options exist for making it more comfortable on my feet as well as dress it up a bit. Brushed concrete surely isn't slippery, darn it!
I wish our PB would have done more to "sell" us on stamping or other options during construction. I wouldn't have minded paying more for something nicer if I'd understood it better at the time. :hammer:

Why not cover it with a textured vinyl surface. That's what I have in my deck.

http://www.prefdeck.com/pageGallery.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.