Jandy 1400 Intermittent No flow reading

towney

Apr 5, 2007
Central Florida
Have a 3.5 yr old Jandy 1400 salt system and I have been getting now flow intermittently. Filter is clean, cell is clean and sensor was cleaned. Seems that it only stays on no flow for about 10min and then goes back to flow. Chlorine levels are good so it is producing.
Any ideas on this issue? Bad sensor?
See sig below for equipment information.

Try unplugging the sensor cable at the board and plug it back in to make sure it has a good connection. If you are positive the flow is over 30 gpm, then the sensor might be starting to go bad. Keep a close watch on your FC levels for the time being.

Also wanted to add that when I get the no flow on my PDA the outside unit shows all the indicator lights go off. Then about a few minutes later lights go back on and cell is on and flow is on.
Also I'll get cell resting light on some of the time. Strange...

Cell resesting is the time when the cell is not generating chorine and is normal when the percentage is not set to 100%. If the output is 50% then you should see cell resesting about half of the time.

If some of the valves are switching the water flow, such as turning on the solar, that might disrupt the flow and the cell might kick off for a few minutes until it resets itself.

ping said:
Cell resesting is the time when the cell is not generating chorine and is normal when the percentage is not set to 100%. If the output is 50% then you should see cell resesting about half of the time.

If some of the valves are switching the water flow, such as turning on the solar, that might disrupt the flow and the cell might kick off for a few minutes until it resets itself.

Production is set at 50% so how long should the cell resting light be on? Did unplug sensor wire from board and recalibrated by pushing the button, so far all is good. Curious as to why unplugging and pushing the calibration button would be the fix

Did you remove the jumper on the little board close to the reset button. Depending on what revision board you have the jumper will cause the no flow to come on from time to time.

The cell should be making chlorine and resting for an equal amount of time if it is set to 50%. If the setting is 75%, then the cell should be generating 3/4 of the time and cell resting will be on for 1/4 of the time.

Watch the power unit screen and see if an error code pops up. It may take a few minutes to show once the unit turns on. The flow sensors go bad on those after about 4 years. They aren't cheap. Replacing it is pretty easy. You can unscrew it and try cleaning the sensor with a wire algae brush. But more than likely you will be replacing that sensor soon. Is yours the new style with the flow sensor built into the cell housing or is it on a separate part of the plumbing? Just curious because the older style have a super high fail rate and was just curious if yours is indeed the new style and failing also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.