Pool Calc IOS7

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
Okay so I am a long time user of Pool Calc and love it. I had some issue when I switched to ISO7 where I lost registration. I took the simple route and just bought another copy as it is that good and I am okay sponsoring the program. I have a problem now thought that is very frustrating, the Pool Calc does not remember me setups such as pool size, chems etc. Every time I log in it presents me to the setup page. Am I missing something and is there a force way to save?

Thanks

From what I have read, I thought that losing the settings was the norm (one of the known bugs that the owner does not seen to want to fix). But I have no hands on experience.

If you never close the app it will keep the settings.....but close out the app and it reverts to the default. Been that way for awhile, and there's no hope for it getting fixed.

Sorry.....

Apparently there are two Pool Calc apps? I deleted and reinstalled the one I have from my purchased apps. It still crashes. Then I searched the app store and there is an identical-looking one that Apple says I don't own, priced at $4.99, and not updated since January 2011. So I have to pay again to (maybe) get a working app? Bleah.

I see there are a lot of similar apps in the app store now. Anyone have an alternate favorite?

There are definitely two apps, the first release works with saving the settings but the newest release does not. I am so frustrated because for some reason IOS7 did not bring along my registration on the first app forcing me to get the second. In my opinion the newest is a total pain to always re-enter data.

The Pool Calculator app was all but forgotten by the owner several years ago. They have no plans on doing anything to the app what-so-ever. My honest suggestion is to save your cash and forget any of them even exist at this time. JasonLion, the original creater of the app has recently came out with a new Calculator that we are able to keep "in house" and update when we find the need to. It now has the new strength of bleach, the new 128oz bottles, and a new set of "Slam Values" set on your cya levels. The newer updates we have up now really does clean stuff up alot.

My suggestion......ditch the app's and start using the new Pool Math site. Save it into your favorites and it should work just fine.

Leebo said:
JasonLion, the original creater of the app has recently came out with a new Calculator that we are able to keep "in house" and update when we find the need to. It now has the new strength of bleach, the new 128oz bottles, and a new set of "Slam Values" set on your cya levels. The newer updates we have up now really does clean stuff up alot.

My suggestion......ditch the app's and start using the new Pool Math site. Save it into your favorites and it should work just fine.
Thanks for the hint, but do you have a working link? This link goes to a 404 page.

Update: I found it through Google, but it is not at all "phone screen" friendly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.