Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I can't believe it - someone stole my bonding wire

1. Back To Top    #1

I can't believe it - someone stole my bonding wire

I had an extra 20 feet of AWG 6 solid coming out of the ground near my equipment pad. Someone cut off the wire and stole it. I understood that this wire was not to be spliced per code (NEC 680). Its 10 feet short of the pad; all the decking was poured a week ago.

What do I do now?
    Light grey plaster, stone coping, 38K gallon Roman shaped pool with a shallow end beach, table and bar stools, deep end bench and waterfall (Intelliflo 4X160). Taylor K-2006, Pentair 320 chlorinator, Intelliflow VF, Quad DE 100. 4 ColorLogics, 3 skimmers, 14 wall returns, 13 floor returns, TurboTwister slide, autofill and miles of pvc.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I can't believe it - someone stole my bonding wire

I can believe it. The price of copper is through the roof. I've heard of alot of stolen catalytic converters right out of parked cars up hear. Unbelieveable.
    If it doesn't have wheels, swim or run naked in the woods, I dont know anything about it!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: I can't believe it - someone stole my bonding wire

Hard to believe we have gotten to the point were someone would steal 20 feet of copper from someone's back yard .

I would highly recommend you contact a licensed electrician or your local building inspectors. While their final answer might lead to more $$$$, I have found it to be much better to be safe rather than sorry when it comes to electricity in close proximity to ion laden water .

And this advice comes from someone who routinely deals with 4160V and 450V distribution systems.
    13,000 gal AGP, Hayward X-Stream 100 sq ft cartridge, 1 HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Pump, all on two 6-hour on cycles per day. Baquacil to BBB convert.
    "It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." - Hyman G. Rickover