First test results after opening

TarheelPool

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Burlington, NC
The pool was opened yesterday and my first set of results are posted below. I'm looking for advice on where to go from here. I had the pool company add only liquid chlorine and nothing else. I was thinking I would start bringing the FC down as I get closer to getting it clean. The pool was built in OCT '06 and never reached significant CYA levels so that was basically nil on the test. Do I just use pucks to get the CYA up or do I need to do something more immediate?

FC-12.8
CC-0
PH-7.5
TA-80
CH-40
CYA-less than 20

Thanks!

Yes, you can just use Trichlor tabs/pucks to raise your CYA if you find that you currently are able to hold chlorine. It only takes a small amount of CYA to get a lot of protection from sunlight so having at least some already in your pool probably means you are fine with just using Trichlor.

For every 1 ppm FC added by Trichlor, you will also be getting 0.6 ppm CYA added to your pool. If you want to raise the CYA more quickly, you can add Dichlor powder (which quickly dissolves in the water) where for every 1 ppm FC you will be getting 0.9 ppm CYA added to your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.