Leak or stain on pool deck?

Jun 5, 2011
I'm not sure how long this stain has been on the pool deck, should I be concerned?

6QvWit8LcuJnRKQi

Thanks!

It might be a leak related to the sheer descent plumbing. Does the spot get wet when the sheer descent is on?

It might be that the deck is pitched the wrong way there. Does water run off the deck towards the pool there?

It might be an area that was patched.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that sheer descent meant water feature, the water feature is actually under the deck to the left of the one with the stain.

The water feature has not been used for over two weeks now.

The pitch of the deck seems to be correct, water flows away from the pool.

I had the pool installed 3 years ago, nothing has been patched.

Thanks.

It looks like you're getting some efflorescence coming through the tile grout. This is usually due to water pressure behind the tile. I was thinking that the water feature plumbing might be leaking while the sheer descent was on. This could cause excess water pressure in that area, and might be the cause of the efflorescence and the stain.

You can also have water pressure if the natural flow of ground water saturates that area.

Does the ground behind the raised deck slope towards the raised deck or away from it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.