Sep 29, 2013
Hi, my username is Frustrated123. I bought a pool 27-foot-round pool in May, 2013, and it has been an awful experience. Here is my latest dilema. I hope someone can offer me advice on what to do. At the end of June, me and my kids started feeling a bunch of rocks at the bottom of my new pool. As the summer went on, we were feeling more and more rocks. The company that installed my pool came over and proceeded to push the rocks back into the sand with my skimmer pole. The water was so cold the day he came, he only pushed in a small number of rocks and said that he would guarantee my liner for 8 years--discounting the percentage of coverage every year. He estimated that there were 50+ rocks under my pool liner. I was not happy with that answer so I called the company where I bought the pool and the manager said that they would replace my liner. They came out yesterday to replace my liner. After they cut the liner out, they jumped in the pool and started to rake the sand. They found areas where the liner was just sitting on clay (the ground), they found about 50 rocks in an area about the size of a dinner plate--a couple big rocks but most the size of nickles. He said that he would have to come back and put more sand in. He would get the rocks out the best he could and apply more sand. Also, my pool was dented by the original installer and they put duct tape over the damaged area, behind the original liner. I'm wondering what is the fix for this? Is getting out the rocks the best they can and applying more sand the answer? What about some sort of pad under the liner? What is the best pad to put under the liner if any? How should this problem be fixed. I appreciate your help.

When the site was prepared for installation they should have leveled the area and cleared the ground of rocks, tree roots, or any other debris that could damage the liner. They should have used masonry sand to form the cove and floor. The floor should be around 2-3" thick. You can look into foam coves and bottoms such as gorilla pad or happy bottom if you want to use foam.

Welcome to tfp, frustrated123 :wave:

frustrated123 said:
Also, my pool was dented by the original installer and they put duct tape over the damaged area, behind the original liner. I'm wondering what is the fix for this?
Was the paint damaged? If is was I would probably remove/neutralize any rust in that area then paint it with a "rustoleum" type of paint.