Polaris hose getting tangled

I had this problem with mine when it was brand new. on the one I have there is a adjustment swivel/dial down low on the back of the cleaner. it adjusts the angle shoots out the back. I set mine to 11 o'clock and it has not tangled since.

There is a YouTube Video from Polaris on this subject Pressure hose tangling - YouTube If link does not work google Polaris hose tangle there are other solutions as well but they cost about $30

I set my hose like the video and no more problems. Had to cut 20 inches off hose and remove a swivel I had added. The set up they give tells you where to cut. First cut is off the hose after the last swivel before the backup valve to make that part of the hose equal to the depth of your pool. If you need to cut more to get right length cut equally off other segments. Had a pool for 25+ years and never knew this. I really wish I had.

Your hose has developed memory. This happens in cold weather. Disconnect hose from cleaner and remove filter screen assembly from hose. Place the hose in hot water in your bathtub. It will become more pliable. Lay the hose out on your pool deck, stretched out full length until it cool. This will remove the loops you're experiencing.

I fixed this problem by adding two more swivels to my Polaris hose, made sure floaters were not close to the swivels ( I noticed the swivels work better if they can move underwater as needed), and cut the hose size exactly as recommended by Polaris.

Once the hose is a few years old, the leader hose is indistinguishable from the other sections. When replacing the hose, remember that is does not come with a backup valve. Consider this against the overall condition of the head unit. A new hose on an old Polaris (or Legend) can be throwing good money after bad, but sometimes is a good short term fix.

I had a constant single loop occuring in the leader hose, which restricted Polaris movement at far points in the pool. I placed an additional swivel joint in the center of the leader line and the loop stopped - just went away. For reference, this loop only comes about in cold winter weather, but I have many trees in the area and run the Polaris during the winter. Simple fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.