Pool Cover Anchors - does brand matter

dsai

Sep 16, 2013
Hello all

Been a long time lurker and this has been a great forum.

Moved to a new house that had a pool and while it's been great fun it's time to close. We had the pool relined and new stamped concrete deck poured.

Now I need to install new anchors to secure the mesh pool cover which I cannot identify - no tags logo's anything looks like a standard mesh safety cover with straps, springs etc.

My question is when looking to buy the brass anchors does the brand matter or are they pretty interchangeable with any mesh type safety cover?

Thanks in advance

The anchors are all pretty much the same and any brand should work as long as you have standard type springs.

Another issue to consider is if you are considering replacing the cover any time soon, in my opinion, a solid cover is a much better choice. However, the anchor spacing is different. Therefore, if you install the mesh now, and then want to upgrade to a solid, you will have a lot of anchors that won't be reusable. This will leave a lot of extra anchors that won't look really bad, but not as good as if they weren't there.

If you are considering going to a solid cover any time soon, now would be the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.