Single speed pump on waterfall

Does anyone know if there is a device to convert a single speed pump to variable...like a dimmer? I have a waterfall and sometimes want to slow down the pump so water dribbles down the rock face of my wall.....looks really nice. I know this, because when the leaves start falling or the pump looses prime, the pump slows down.
Thanks in advance.

Actually it is just the opposite. The more head loss in the system and the lower the flow rate, the lower the load on the motor.

Not sure why a valve, but feeder from Pool to valve (obviously) then one to the pump and the return to the waterfall which has a leg back to the valve. New questions as I am having trouble priming...replaced O rings on valve, opened and re-magic lubed the basket and freeze plug...opened the fuser and inspected the impeller which was clogged with debris and a plastic shard (blue, misc. piece) in the impeller. ONE of the back fins is broken on the impeller, will this keep it from priming and pumping?

Heinsite said:
ONE of the back fins is broken on the impeller, will this keep it from priming and pumping?
Yes and it could damage the pump motor as well because of the imbalance it will cause so you might want to repair that ASAP.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.