Chlorine Generators

Aug 28, 2013
Damon, Texas
The chlorine generator box has been getting very hot lately to the touch. After opening the front panel, I noticed that there is a transformer like box with copper wiring on the upper left hand side. This is very hot to the touch, and to the outside of the panel box. Just wondering if this is normal, since I had not felt it this hot before, thanks !!

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

It is likely normal. They get hot ... although you have not mentioned what system.

The unit is an Aqua Rite, and is about 6 yrs old. I have noticed that there is a small, black and flat, pancake looking resistor, and it very hot to touch.
We had this replaced last year, and it does get very hot. Don't know what else I can say, sorry. But thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.