Need Opinion on AG install

[jjparrish:Edit for paragraph breaks for easier reading] :wink:

Hi!! I'm new to the board and have only installed one AG pool many years ago. I live in New York and we have been getting HEAVY rain almost every other day for the last couple weeks.

My pool area has been cleared and is about 95% leveled. I even ran over it with a plate compactor before all this rain.

My problem is that with all this heavy rain I get some small puddles on the leveled area. These areas do evaporate or seep in but they remain "slightly" moist. These areas are in the middle area and not on any areas where patio blocks will be installed.

By slightly moist I mean that if I step into the moist area and lift my foot up I could see some water in the sneaker tread design on the ground.

My question is, since I am going to dig down the couple of inches for the butress channels and the patio blocks and then compact stone dust till everything is level, would I be ok? Would it be ok even if the liner isnt in yet and it pours rain?

I figure, once its level, plate compacted, dug out and compacted again, a 12" patio block shouldnt sink into the ground. Anyone ever experience this?

Now if I could only find a way to connect all my downspouts to fill the pool. LOL Sorry for all the ranting but I wanted to give all the details.

Thanks for the replies. I've never run into such an informative forum on any topic. All the good info is almost overwhelming. Thats what I was thinking about this moisture problem. I have some helpers lined up for tomorrow. I will have to run the 2x4 with the level around again tomorrow to double check everything. Seems to be a light coating of silt in some areas from all the rain and run off. Once its level its off I go. Hope to have all the patio blocks and butress channels buried at least. Then the wall and liner on the next clear day. I will definitely post on my progress. Thanks again.

Ok, I tackled it today. I found that after all the rain we had here in NY, my pool was out of level by as much as 1 3/4 inches in some spots. The rear part of the pool is dug out and about 15 inches lower than the ground in the back. So the rain washed silt and such onto the pool area. I had 2 helpers and it took us 3+ hours to get it right. I set up the transit, dug out for the buttresses, added stone dust and leveled everything as per the manual. Looks great so far. But rain again for the next 3 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.