Any chlorine fumes from Liquidator?

Aug 21, 2013
I'm considering getting the Liquidator, but I'm a little worried about chlorine fumes.

All the pictures I see from people who are singing its praises have the Liquidator installed outdoors. In my case, it would be installed in a pump room with reasonably poor ventilation. The lid of the Liquidator is obviously not designed to make an air-tight seal.

Having been hit with chlorine fumes from opening up a puck chlorinator, I am very wary of anything that could cause a buildup of chlorine fumes, especially in a room where I'm not the only one with a key. The Liquidator marketing materials say that the layer of water on the top "minimizes" chlorine smell, but doesn't say "eliminates". :)

Also, would the heat from the warm pump room accelerate the release of chlorine vapors?

Due to the nature of the LQ (liquidator) with the water sitting on top of the bleach, there is virtually zero fuming. It's about like sitting a tub of tap water out. The largest fuming exposure you're going to have is when you open the bottles to refill the LQ.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.