Does anyone here have the rectangle shaped Intex pool?

Aug 12, 2011
Augusta, Kansas
In looking over recent closing and other posts it looks like the majority of folks own the round Intex pools.

I have some questions specific to the rectangle pool but Intex. Is there anyone here who has one? Are you taking it down for the winter or leaving it up. If you are leaving it up are you covering it?

Diane[attachment=0:2jen5qt0]pool.jpg[/attachment:2jen5qt0]

Yes but both my posts about closing a rectangle pool have been answered by those with round pools or not answered at all. The google searching I've done within and outisde tfp I've never seen a response from someone with a rectangle pool that kept it up during the winter ....did I miss it?

With the sloping side of the rectangle pool I want to understand what others have done. First year my Intex supplied cover was ripped off by the wind within the first few months. Next year we took it down to fix a side issue. I would like to know what others have done who have this same pool.

Sorry about that :oops:

I agree, there appears to be very little info directly discussing winterizing a rectangular intex, I have done a little searching myself now and have not found much yet...hopefully in the meantime someone with one speaks up :whip:

We have a rectangular intex and leave it up during the winter. No problems. Add the closing kit chemicals and run filter for 24 hours to mix. Drain the pool below the lowest filter return hole thru liner. I bought the pool pillows and literally filled the whole pool area with pillows so that when you put the cover on its level with the top rim of the pool. Cover the pool making sure you drop the bromine floater in that came with the closing kit. It will keep the water clear all winter. We used bungees and gallon water bottles and concrete blocks to hold the cover in place. We have a cover pump that removes water from top of cover as needed. We open in early April. Throw salt in and it's crystal clear. Don't freak when you see the sides of the pool lean it. It does that but it'll straighten out in the spring. Main thing is to keep water off the top of the cover so there's not a ton of weight pulling the cover into the pool. Worked like a charm!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
THe original one we lost due to the wind in the first year we owned the pool. Since then we buy a very large tarp from Harbor Freight (new one every year). We have screwed eye hooks around the pool into the rail road ties that surround the pool. We wrap the pool like a present as it is in a high wind area. We also lace the top of the pool with rope going across the pool to form a grid. This helps keep the "Jiffy Pop Popcorn top" from blowing up and off the pool. This year where the rope touches the edge of the pool we put duct tape under the rope and also a piece to keep the rope from sawing on the tarp. We've had 50 MPH winds this fall and just had a weekend ice storm and the pool had no issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.