New iaqualink install

Sep 25, 2013
Hello, I am new to this site as a registered participant but have been lurking for a long time! I recently installed the new iaqualink IQ 900 (new main pcb) on my Jandy system. I was using the old PDA system until it quit communicating with my board so I figure it would be a good time to upgrade. My system was installed in 2006. I have the big beige main box which is the RS 8 I believe. I am having trouble reading the aquapure on the iPad it's telling me that it's not powered up. I can adjust the levels manually though. I was wondering first if anyone can tell me how to hook the aquapure 1400 board (Old one with the incorporated LCD screen) to the iaqualink board. Is it as simple as hooking the 485 from one to the other? I have done that and it basically turns off the aquapure board, all lights go out. Are the two boards incompatible because of the age? Everything else seems to work great! Jandy refuses to help because I'm a homeowner...Thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks for your reply, I do receive water temps but I cannot adjust or set the percentages in the aquapure from the iaqualink. Am I right to assume that the aquapure pcb gets wired directly to the red 485 connection on the i Aqualink? I noticed on the schematic for my box that the 485 comes word to a multiplex board in the low voltage raceway from the factory via j1-j4, mine does not. I have two red 485 connectors on the new iaqualink board. Can I connect to either one of those?

The 1400 should connect to either of the RS-485 blocks. The older aqualink boards only had one 485 connection block. Jandy's advice was to connect no more than two RS-485 devices to the block. More than two required a multiplexer board, which contained additional 485 drivers and ports. I believe the newer pcb has two sets of drivers, one for each block, still I would imagine, limited to two connected devices each. So, do you have more than two devices connected either set (or both) ports? There was a software change to the 1400 that changes the way it "talks" to the aqualink. Look at this document, especially at the note on the bottom of page 23. Good Luck.
Mike

http://www.mariespoolstore.com/Website Files/Salt Cell Manuals/Jandy AquaPure.pdf

Reviving an old thread here, but do we know if the newer boards with two red RS-485 connectors can support more than one device? I have the Aquapure SWG arriving this weekend, and if I need the mutiplexing board, I need to order now. Currently, my first red connector is connected to the iAqualink controller and the second one is connected to my Variable Speed ePump - if I can connect the Aquapure unit in parallel with the pump, that would be great, but if I need the controller...I need to click the order button asap!

Thanks in advance!

The 1400 should connect to either of the RS-485 blocks. The older aqualink boards only had one 485 connection block. Jandy's advice was to connect no more than two RS-485 devices to the block. More than two required a multiplexer board, which contained additional 485 drivers and ports. I believe the newer pcb has two sets of drivers, one for each block, still I would imagine, limited to two connected devices each. So, do you have more than two devices connected either set (or both) ports? There was a software change to the 1400 that changes the way it "talks" to the aqualink. Look at this document, especially at the note on the bottom of page 23. Good Luck.
Mike

http://www.mariespoolstore.com/Website Files/Salt Cell Manuals/Jandy AquaPure.pdf

Just installed iAqualink. Despite multiplexer (with surge board) and revision T software, the rs will not recognize all 485 devices at the same time. I have a secondary power unit, spa link, aquapure 1400, indoor control and the iaqualink. If I disconnect the 5 wire spa link, the others appear. I have tried doubling up on the pins and mixing up the locations of connections. Your reference to a software change in the aquapure seemed relevant but the link is broken. If you have the document, could you post it? How does one upgrade the Aquapure software? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.