Top manifold installed backwards....

savela

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2012
So. Recently cleaned my filters and noticed a small leak inside the filter tank. Repaired by pool builder. Following that we had around 8 inches of rain and I was pretty good about maintaining ideal chemistry. Draining, replacing salt and CYA etc (did this as our water is pretty hard and figure I would take advantage). At any rate, discovered boatman in my pool despite a FC of 8, a CYA of 60 and plenty of brushing. Water was also a bit cloudy. Also noticed that there was always a cloud when I brushed the steps despite no evidence of algae. Decided to look inside my filter and realized they had installed the top manifold backwards, thereby bypassing the filters.... :rant: Now installed properly and my pool is once again crystal clear.

Thanks to this site, I now have a pretty good understating of how my pool works and troubleshooting has become pretty productive. I hate to think that there are people that this happens to that have NO knowledge of the inner workings...

Thanks TFP

That is all :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.