Alkalinity question new TF 100 kit

May 8, 2007
Northeast PA
Hi my pool is Ag 15ft round vinyl liner 36" deep so I guess 4000 gal.

We just replaced the liner again last week. Test results today are:

FC 5.5
CC 1
TC 6.5
PH 7.2
TA ?
CYA 20
CH 30

I can't get the TA test to change from very dark pink. It changes at 11 drops and stays there. Also on the CH test when you add the R-0011L it says that red indicates calcium, but it changed to pink. Then I added the 3 drops of R-0012 to get the blue that gave me the CH result of 30.

I added about 3 pounds of baking soda over the past 2 days. Thanks. Carolyn

Pm Duraleigh....there is an issue with some kits and the TA and CH test had a misprint....not sure.

My TA test turns pink, not red, is that what you are meaning?

BTW, you need to shock, you have a cc of 1 which is too high.

Once the color starts to change, you keep adding drops until the color doesn't change any more. Don't count the last drop that didn't change the color. It doesn't really matter what the final color is, red pink fuscia.

in the drop counting tests you are looking for a color change, not a specific shade of a color so when your TA test changes from a shade of green to a shade of red (pink or fushia also) and does not change anymore even though you had added an additional drop then the test is done. Don't count the drop that produced no further color change. Remember, one man's dark pink is another man's red.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.