Where do I buy polyquat 60?

Jun 14, 2013
I just went to my local hardware store and they don't have polyquat 60 in any brand. I'm hoping to save time by asking on here. Is this only sold at pool stores or would Lowe's/Home depot carry it? THanks!

Being impatient, how important is using poly60 vs nothing.
It's really hard to say. Many don't use it at all. If you choose not to and you have to clean up an algae bloom that may take a week in the Spring, that impatience will seem silly.

If you open up to a clear pool, however, you will congratulate yourself on the money you saved and satisfying your impatient nature.

No one can predict the exact outcome. though. You'll have to make the call.

As of last night, pool was 62 degree with more cold nights in the forecast. The leaves are starting to fall and am just ready to be done with the pool for a while. Admittedly, both neighbors with inground pools closed last week, so that also has been feeling like I need to get moving.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree that most do not need PolyQuat. I have many very large trees (mature tulip poplars ~100ft tall) that shed an enormous amount of leaves (enough to fill a dump truck) before my pool temp gets to the recommended closing level. I also have a loop-lock cover, so I need PolyQuat because I would rather spend a little to protect the water and close early than deal with the leaves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.