Steel Wall AG Pool Rusting

Sep 23, 2013
Hi All,

I have a 12 year old, 21' round AG pool with 52" walls. Closing pool discovered that the are several (NEW) rust spots on the outside wall. Closer inspeciton shows that there are two spots where the wall has rusted thru and and there are multiple smaller spots that look to be the start of more rusting. All these spots are just below our normal water line. We found a tear in our liner that coincides with the rusting so the rusting is all being caused by the liner tear. The area we are talking about is about 4 foot (maybe more) in horizontal length by about 3 inches high (maybe more). I drained pool thinking we may have to replace it but will probably peel back liner and see what we have but I really am concerned about the walls integrity.

Can you epoxy repair such a large area?

Would welded repairs be okay or too costly?

Is it safe to repair such a large area of damage or is this pool done????

Should I put water back in just in case we can repair?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sorry. Here a couple pics of one of the damaged areas. Put measuring tape in there to show where damage is relevant to the top of the wall

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 80
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.