BOOO - Time to close up the pool!

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
well, unfortunately, the time has come to close our pool up for the fall/winter. Just got done bringing it to Shock level, and as you can see running the pool robot one last time to clean up the pool floor, and have the leaf net skimmer in my skimmer weir to catch any last minute leaves that are dropping. Tomorrow the winter cover goes on, and drain down begins. BOOOOOOOOOOOO. What temp is a balmy 54F :shock:

Last look until Spring:

Almost time for us to close up as well here in Southern Indiana. Even with the solar cover on, pool temp is barely holding at 70. With our upper 40's and low 50's at night, won't be much longer before water temp hits 60. How does your winter cover fit between the deck and the pool? Do you tuck it between the deck and top rails or do you have a different method around the deck?

flyweed said:
well, unfortunately, the time has come to close our pool up for the fall/winter. Just got done bringing it to Shock level, and as you can see running the pool robot one last time to clean up the pool floor, and have the leaf net skimmer in my skimmer weir to catch any last minute leaves that are dropping. Tomorrow the winter cover goes on, and drain down begins. BOOOOOOOOOOOO. What temp is a balmy 54F :shock:

Last look until Spring:

I found it interesting that you cover it then begin to drain it down, how does that work exactly, you would have to keep it loose until you were done draining right? Also, do you put any type of floats/air pillows/intertubes etc. under the cover?

fannd - what's so interesting about draining it down after the cover is on? the cover is NEVER tight...it's large and fairly loose fitting. We do put a large float in the middle, to hold the center up. Then I drain it about 10 inches or to below the return. The cover, float all drop down as well..and are none the worse for wear, it all moves with the water level.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.