New pool build - Little Elm, TX

Frisco5, Itll be 3.5 to 5 ft deep, as any more of a slope in such a short space wouldve made the bottom very awkward to stand on. Im hoping the progress keeps up at this pace, but from watching others on here, its not likely. :(

LeLori said:
Frisco5, Itll be 3.5 to 5 ft deep, as any more of a slope in such a short space wouldve made the bottom very awkward to stand on. Im hoping the progress keeps up at this pace, but from watching others on here, its not likely. :(
We thought that. One week in, the dig, rebar, plumbing stub of pool and gunite had all been done. How could this take any more than 4 weeks we thought...

It slows down. Hopefully it will be quick for you though.

Came home to gunite being done! Tomorrow will be one week since the dig. The builder said today that they expected completion in about 3 and a half weeks. Fingers crossed! :-D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 351
Frisco5 said:
That is looking great... Did you figure out if the chairs would fit on the right side of the pool?

I meet with some from your PB today, I should have a design by the end of the week.

Frisco5, I do believe the seating area will fit, based on my measurments. I am, however, meeting with the construction supervisor tomorrow and will make sure. Ive had a couple issues with measurments, so i do wanna double check. Im very impressed with the speed so far and will keep posting.
Good luck with your design! :)

Thought Id also post some pics of my tile and fabric choices....The glass tile will go on the "rolled edge" of the spa, the other tile is for the waterline in the pool. Im ordering 2 chaise lounges for the seating area that will have the zebra-print fabric. I just hope I love it as much in my back yard as i do in my head! :-D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 337
Surprise! The tile and coping crew show up today and the project blazes forward again! Dig was one week ago today! Love the work they did and i had NO IDEA how labor intensive stacked-stone is. My hat is off to the gentleman pictured by the spa. The work you see was 8 hours of chiseling every single stone by hand. And im not kidding. At all. :shock:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 326
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 325

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really like the combination with the tile and flagstone... Good choice!

I had some flower beds put in last year and the guy did all the work by hand I was amazed at how he could break the pieces and put it together like a puzzle.

I really like the color combinations.

I'm with you on the stacked stone. I have a lot of stacked stone and its crazy how labor intensive to hand chisel it all. I think we ended up being at nearly 2 weeks on the stacked stone. I was apologizing to them by the end as I felt bad...

+1 on the color combinations as well. I like them better than ours. Our tile selection could have been better.

More stone work done today. They said that they could start the decking on Monday, if all inspections pass! That would be 12 days from dig to decking! Unbelievable!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 284

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.