Liquid Chlorine Banned at Texas Pool Stores?

Man, something I can actually get easier up here in Canada than some of you guys can. They even sell the 12% stuff at some corner stores. 2 Gallon jug is $7.50 CAN at the hardware store around the corner from me. Works on exchange for the containers, so once you 'buy' a jug, you just swap out for $7.50. The pool stores are 50 cents or more cheaper but I burn too much gas to get to them for 50 cents cheaper. Good luck!

PS. My Brother in-law lives in McKinney

crewchief47 said:
Man, something I can actually get easier up here in Canada than some of you guys can. They even sell the 12% stuff at some corner stores. 2 Gallon jug is $7.50 CAN at the hardware store around the corner from me. Works on exchange for the containers, so once you 'buy' a jug, you just swap out for $7.50. The pool stores are 50 cents or more cheaper but I burn too much gas to get to them for 50 cents cheaper. Good luck!

PS. My Brother in-law lives in McKinney
Small world. I know a few people from Canada, and they all work for Nortel. :-D

I wish I could get the 12% stuff, but the 6% bleach at Walmart is pretty convenient. I normally buy about 2 weeks worth at a time.

Picked this up in Houston at a Lowes. they have the same stuff and Home Depot. 12% Chlorine

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02263.jpg

I got a price for liquid at Leslies Because it was a special order item it made it so it wasn't at all cost effective. I've been using the save-on stuff from Albertsons too but they just closed the one next to my house so it's back to the walmart stuff. I occasionally see the liquid shock at the hardware stores but they don't seem to have it regularly enough for it to be worth recalibrating my chlorine pump for it.

Chlorine pump ........ Peristaltic pump ....... Chemical pump ..... all the same.

I use a RoloChem pump Model # RC252 (sometimes it has SC after the 252)

Picture:

http://www.rola-chem.com/peristaltic_pumps.html

Pump Manual:

http://www.rola-chem.com/manuals/ROLA_C ... MANUAL.pdf

They have larger pumps but one gal per day is large enough for pool.
They have 115 volt and 230 volt models.

The pump must be covered from water. (rain or splash)
Also, I take my pump inside during winter.
I use the large 5 gal, 12% chlorine jugs from the pool store. New price this year is $13.49. The pump intake hose just drops into the chlorine jug.

I was at Leslie's in Vienna, Va. today and the salesperson was trying to talk me out of the liquid chlorine. A big part of it was their price -- $20 for four one gallon jugs. He wasn't sure the concentrations. I've been getting the three-packs of the 182 oz. Clorox at Costco for $6.59. Haven't found a liquid chlorine supplier locally yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.