Reading the FC and CC tests, light pink?

jlhaz

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2007
JasonLion said:
Yes, CC really does go to zero. There are a couple of possibilities as to why why yours is never zero. You might not be doing the test quite right, the final drop to clear the pink should bring the sample to completely clear. Sometimes the sample goes to a very light pink that is almost clear and if you miss that drop CC will test as 0.5. Your FC level might be too low. You might be adding something to the water that forms CC, as some sequestrants do. You might have unusually high levels of pollen forming CC. You might have a low level of extremely persistent CC that will only be cleared out by shocking.

Jason,

I apologize for hijacking...It's so interesting you bring this up because it happened to me...In this case if the sample goes to a very light pink, and you add 1 drop to make it clear, would your CC = .5 or is that considered 0?

Thanks!

Re: No chlorine loss overnight but big loss during the day ?

Even a very faint pink is counted as 0.5, though it is presumably lower than that in reality. The point being that it is not zero, we call it 0.5 to be clear that it is not zero.

JasonLion said:
Even a very faint pink is counted as 0.5, though it is presumably lower than that in reality. The point being that it is not zero, we call it 0.5 to be clear that it is not zero.

Very Helpful, thanks a lot!

I too apologize for jumping in but this is the same question I had. When doing the FC test if I set the sample on my white freezer I sometimes notice a pink tint in the sample which is readily knocked out by one more drop. I'm thinking if I miss it that is when I get the <.5 CCs. Thanks for the post. I'll make sure I get the pink out.

When doing the FC/CC test, If you put the sample down for a couple of minutes it will turn pink again, that should be ignored. There are cases when it will appear to go clear and then turn pink again within just a second or two as you mix, that counts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.