recommendations for a real pool blower machine for closing?

zimm

May 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I closed the pool myself ahead of the loop-loc cover installers. I did the air compressor line into the the pool pump drain with a fitting. Seemed to work fine to blow out the returns, but I have a check valve that kept air from going through the system/main drain/skimmer. So I turned the flapper around to blow that direction. Couldn't get the skimmer to really clear- still had water down there. Tried a stihl leaf blower from the skimmer with no luck either. And since my pool pilot SWG has a clear window on the bypass valve- I could see it was still half full of water. The pool guys saw what I did and said I'd better let them use their commercial blower to do the whole thing. Lots more water came out and they blew out everything in a few minutes. Cost me $150, the minimum 1hr labor. So if I'm going to pay $150 every season to get the pipes cleared out, I should just buy the $300 blower and do it myself. Any recommendations?

Re: recommendations for a real pool blower machine for closi

Update- they used the orange model at the bottom of this page:
http://www.poolcenter.com/winter_suppli ... ty_vac.htm

cyclone-blower-small.jpg

Re: recommendations for a real pool blower machine for closi

I have that exact one. I bought it so I could put my liner in, which worked great! The bonus was I could use it to blow my lines. I did a test run last week and using this blowing from the skimmer the MD's bubbled withing 30 seconds. Literally made the water look like it was boiling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.