fall pollen?????

Jun 15, 2013
Marietta, GA
So Last Saturday I spent the day brushing the sides and vacuuming the entire pool, balancing chemicals and adding a bunch of bleach Because the entire pool bottom and walls were covered in yellow stuff. I was worried it was yellow mustard algae because pollen isn't that bad I think in the fall. I SLAMmed the pool several days but every night I passed the overnight FC test and my CC remained at 0 or 0.5. But after I vacuumed the pool the water was very cloudy (I assume because I stirred all of the dirt up with the brushing and vacuuming). It stayed cloudy but was clearing slowly as I was running the filter 24/7. Here's the kicker: But as the water cleared the yellow powder returned to the bottom of the pool. Again my FC and CC are testing well and I am taking the CYA in to account, it seems like I don't have anything growing in the pool. So what is this yellow stuff and how do I get rid of it? I have all my past #s (if you need them) but here are the ones from today.

FC= 8
CC= 0
pH= 7.5
CYA= 60 ( i use to use dichlor but now use bleach)
TA= 110
CH= 100

Take your time when you vac the pool, so you do not stir up the debris on the bottom. If it pollen there is not much you can do except clean it out. You do not want to leave it on the bottom. Is there any floating on the surface of the pool??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.