New to me - great singer

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Have you ever come across an artist and just wondered, 'How did I miss hearing of this person for so long?'

I recently had the song "The Story" by Brandi Carlile recommended to me - WOW, what an amazing talent. Apparently, this song was featured on Grey's Anatomy and got some notoriety there - personally not a fan of the show.

Anyway, I bought just the one song and after listening about a dozen times today along, went ahead and got the rest of the album. It's all good.

She says one of her influences was Patsy Cline - I can hear it.

Here's a link to the vide of the song on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq-ZmAYLeB8

i agree she's great, fresh, unpredictable..but a bit of old soul mixed in as well..i saw a video of hers about a year ago (different song) but i couldn't remember her name to down load it..thanks for jogging my memory! also recently heard john hiatt's "my baby blue" for the 1st time..its older but cannot get that song out of my head.

I like her, too. One of the DJ's on Sirius yesterday was talking about how she's 'Americana'...lives at the end of a dirt road in Washington, in a log cabin she was born in. Her parents live at the other end of the road and they live off the land. Pretty cool. I like her song "Wasted".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.