First closing

I will be closing my pool for the first time and I am wanting to make sure I do it right so next year it will be ready. We got it installed late in season and because of the wettest year in a while only got in 3 times! I have a SWG so what do I use to close the pool chemical wise? I read to take the SWG out and store for winter and about winterizing my filter, will I leave the pump with the filter and just make sure all water is drained? we thought about covering it with a grill cover because in the spring we are going to build a cover around it. thanks for any help, Laverne

I know I have read through a lot of post about closing, but let me be sure, since I live in the south and my pool water won't drop to below 60 for awhile longer but with the rain bringing down the leaves. If I go ahead and put the cover on now, I bought the Artic Armor, do I continue to run my filter and swg with the cover completely on pool. I have a deck around half of the pool and I am wondering if I use water jugs on the side without deck, what would be best to hold down side with deck? thanks for any help ,Laverne

You could use water bags on the side with the deck or tarp straps with anchors screwed into the deck.

You should keep pump running but you can cut the time down if it's covered. You'll lose a lot less FC due to the pool being covered. You could probably turn SWG down as your FC levels will stay pretty stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.