Robarb Super Algi Gon ... useful?

Re: question

The poly stuff is better.
The MSDS does not even list the ingredients besides saying it is Didecyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride ... no % listed, just says proprietary.

i didnt use anything last year for algecide. I got suckered into this last summer when i had a algi bloom before i found this site. Just wondered if i dumped the bottle in to get rid of it if it would be safe for winterizing. Other wise Ill just skip algecide. so I guess question is would you add it or not? or its going in the trash.
I just brought up my chlorine level does it need to be low to add or doesnt it really matter nobody is going swimming it is freezing cold lol.

I do not know what it is, so I would not use it ... at least until someone like chem geek explained if it was ok.

As long as it did not do anything harmful, it could help some.

BTW, I changed your title to be a little more descriptive.

water is 57 58 degrees.. I am in Michigan Any one know if the algecide I have it worth using? or if I should buy poly quat/ or just close it with bleach
I havent ever used the poly quat. I used a kit first year from pool store. last year just shocked it before.

Don't use it. Dumping things in your pool when you do not know the results is simply not a good practice.

Will it do some good? Probably not

Can it do some harm? Absolutely.

If you want to close and include algaecide, go to the store and buy polyquat 60. Give that old, unidentified bottle to somebody you don't like.

It's one type of linear quat and we don't recommend those (even though they are less expensive) because they can foam and generally break down faster from chlorine so increase chlorine demand noticeably. Also, if you properly maintain the FC/CYA level in the pool, you don't need an algaecide. I presume you are only asking for using it for closing, but even so, it's faster reaction with chlorine means it is less likely to last through the winter compared to Polyquat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.