seeking feedback from owners who've used LeafGuard type nets

Apr 29, 2013
Am looking for any feedback from users who for inground pool have used leafguard nets over the pool. Particularly ones who staked them (rather than water bags). This is what I've decided I want to try this winter, but have had pool people saying they've gotten bad feedback on them. But I think that's only because they want to upsell me on more expensive trampoline type covers. Looking for any feedback from people who have done this, and how experience was. Thanks in advance!

Re: seeking feedback from owners who've used LeafGuard type

On a pool that size, it will be difficult to get the net off the pool without dumping debris. It get full of leaves and sinks and the physical work to get it out and bring the leaves with you is quite difficult.

After failing with just the leaf net (25 x 53 pool) we went so far as to put a solar cover down first to "float the leaf net hopefully making it easier to remove.....we failed again.

It can be done, I think, but you will probably need some manpower and for our size pool, we felt like we could have been successful if we had had maybe 6-8 people to control the removal.

If you had been aggressive in blowing leaves off with a leaf blower, or more frequently moving, do you think this would've still been the problem? (And was yours staked?)

Your blowing leaves idea makes me think you are hoping the leaves will stay dry.....they won't. Most of them fall when it rains.

My decking and pool are w-a-a-ay too big to stretch across and stake.....it would required 50 x 80 size net to reach past the decking.

I think I can stake (most) of mine. Which would leave it tighter than with waterbags. And plan to be diligent about keeping off. In Georgia most falls aren't that rainy. Plenty of leaves fall dry.

I have done this successfully using 1/2 PVC pipe attached to the net w. zip ties.

The PVC pipe goes across the pool about every 8 feet and then you can just pull the net back one section at a time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.